WE NOW OFFER DELIVERY UK-WIDE
Truffle brie, leek, pecan and lemon tart recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 25g butter
- 2 leeks (sliced)
- 2 tbsp thyme leaf (chopped)
- 2 lemons (juice of 1, zest of both)
- 375g pack ready-roll puff pastry
- 200g truffle brie (including rind)
- 50g pecan nuts
- chopped parsley to serve
- Heat oven at 220 degrees (fan 200 degrees). Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, then add the butter. Once sizzling, add the leeks and cook over a medium heat until soft but not browned in colour. Stir in the thyme and half the lemon zest and increase the heat. Add lemon juice and cook for 2 minutes until the lemon juice reduces, then season well with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Unroll the pastry and lay on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Mark a 1cm border around the edges with the tip of a sharp knife. Prick the base all over with a fork.
- Spread the leeks on top of the pastry, staying within the border. Divide the cheese and dollop over the leeks evenly, then scatter with pecan nuts and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little olive and brush the edges with a little oil. Put the tart into the oven for 15-20 minutes until the pastry puffs up around the edges and is golden brown. Scatter with parsley and the remaining lemon zest.
- Serve with JUNO rhubarb brown sauce and a pear salad.
For a vegan alternative try using Honestly Tasty ‘Sham’ as your cheese and drizzle with a little truffle oil (most ‘Just-Rol’ ready-made pastry is vegan).